Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mommyland

Mommyland is a make-believe place
I created within my mind
When the days are rough I close my eyes
And visit from time to time
All the children obey their moms
And happily complete their chores
They hug and kiss (and never throw fits)
What mom could ask for more?
The laundry is done, no hamper is full
The clothes are all put away
The insides of closets are beautiful
Oh, how I want my house this way!!
Every meal is made to perfection
No mess is ever left behind
Whatever is made is always happily eaten
Kids never scowl or whine
This is the mythical place I visit
Any mother can surely see why
Next time you are stressed or pushed to the limit
Mommyland can more than satisfy
(Just brace yourself for when you get back
Because reality is where you live
And though it is nice to just take a break
Fun places rarely take captives!)

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! I just found your lovely blog, it's so fun. I have a fun meme (just a few of my friends) on Friday called Fu-get ABout it Friday. I would love to feature your poem this Friday if that's okay with you. What an encouragement you were to me today!
    Jessie at Blog Schmog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, and I found you from Jessie! Your poetry is so cute and encouraging. I bought a book you would love if you love Shel S. It is called "Don't Mess With Moses" by Marty Nystrom. He wrote funny poems about the Old Testament, and is working on his NT book. Your style reminds me of both Shel and Marty. Marty also wrote "As the Deer" and about 100 other worship songs we all sing. Your little Houdini would love the poems and the adorable cartoon-like illustrations. Keep writing! You do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I love Shel S!!! I have many of his books! I will have to check out Marty Nystrom - anything that can keep Houdini occupied would be a blessing! Thank you for giving me his name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my goal! To make others giggle, smile or even let out a laugh! I'm so glad I was able to do that for you!

    ReplyDelete