Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

It's that special time of year
We give thanks for all we have
Here's a list that I have made
For without I would be mad

I'm thankful for the ovens --
However would we bake
The delicious turkey meals
And desserts like pie and cake?

I'm thankful for dishwashers --
And how they clean the icky mess
A wonderfully designed machine
Relieving time and stress

I'm thankful for coffee makers --
And the beverage they produce
The smell is so enticing
Along with the caffiene boost!

I'm thankful for refrigerators --
Keeping dishes well preserved
Now less cooking for a week
Leftovers I will serve!!

I'm thankful for our Tahoe --
And how it hums our boys to sleep
A drive with peace and quiet
We relax as they count sheep!

I'm thankful for my washer --
And also for my dryer
'Cause after all the trav'ling 'round
The laundry piles up higher

I'm thankful for my family --
Loved ones near and far away
Thanksgiving wouldn't mean a thing
Just a lonely eating day

I'm thankful for my treadmill --
Waiting for me to run
With all the tasty treats
More fat to burn off these giggly buns!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving
Where ever you may go
Try not to overeat
Or your butt will surely show!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

3 comments:

  1. Oops... OK, I won't overeat!!!

    And yes, I'm thankful for a dishwasher. Oh my, yes! :~D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you said you're thankful for your oven!

    Love ya, babe. Looking forward to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you'll notice, it says I'm thankful for "the ovens" not meaning mine, but everyone else's! Ha!

    ReplyDelete