Saturday, August 22, 2009

Answers from Above

I believe in God and I pray to Him a lot
I have faith that He hears me and my prayers are not forgot
His answers come mysteriously and I'm often left confused
(At times I wish He'd make an announcement in the news!)
I know that life's a journey and I must keep on believing
There's always another goal I'm working towards achieving
I'm told that this life's process is part of my own pilgrimage
But answers through the mail would ROCK! (I'd even pay the postage!)

3 comments:

  1. I know not what awaits me,
    God kindly veils mine eyes,
    And o'er each step of my onward way
    He makes new scenes to rise;
    And ev'ry joy He sends me, comes
    A sweet and glad surprise.

    One step I see before me,
    'Tis all I need to see,
    The light of heaven more brightly shines,
    When earth's illusions flee;
    And sweetly through the silence, came
    His loving "Follow Me."

    O blissful lack of wisdom,
    'Tis blessed not to know;
    He holds me with His own right hand,
    And will not let me go,
    And lulls my troubled soul to rest
    In Him who loves me so.

    So on I go not knowing,
    I would not if I might;
    I'd rather walk in the dark with God
    Than go alone in the light;
    I'd rather walk by faith with Him
    Than go alone by sight.

    Where He may lead I'll follow,
    My trust in Him repose;
    And ev'ry hour in perfect peace I'll sing,
    He knows, He knows.

    --Mary G. Brainard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the labels on your posts...I loved finding this. I'm with you on this....I'd gladly pay the postage! :D

    ReplyDelete